We Love rains but we don't want to get wet.



Recently I came back from long vacation. By the time I reached home it was raining heavily.

First rains.
It's raining cats and dogs.
#monsoon #feelingRefreshed #coffee
So many were the updates on social networking sites. Neither you need to be in the city nor following meteorological department. Just log in to Facebook and you will get all the live updates about the monsoon. Right from waterlogging to best monsoon getaways around the corners of the city. 

Yes, I love rains. That smell which first rains bring along. The sound of rain soothes me...... 



But then why do I hold myself back from getting wet?

It was a tiring day at the office and I was coming back; all of sudden it started raining! No windcheater no umbrella so I had to wait for the rain to stop. 
Had I some important papers or office stuff with me which I was afraid of getting wet? No! 
But yes! I catch a cold very easily and I don't want to take leaves now. I have very few leaves left. I found out my reason for not getting wet. 
All the things were running in the back of my mind. Finally, I decided not to get wet and enjoy the rains by standing under the roof of the medical shop. Meanwhile, I took out my mobile from the pocket and started checking social networking feeds. By that time rains had already slowed down the city traffic. Few more people gathered under the roof. Someone was drying his hair, someone drenched in water was getting late. He was nicely dressed. Maybe he had a date and rains had spoiled it. A couple of girls were trying to stop auto rickshaw. Everyone was busy.
I decided to take a picture to post on Facebook. And I was already thinking about the hashtags. #mumbairains #monsoon etc. Done! I had decided that I will plan monsoon picnic with friends. Probably on next weekend....

On other day, rains caught me in some other situation. I went to buy some groceries and rains caught me in the middle of the road. But this time I had an umbrella! I opened it and started walking fast. But this rain knows no directions. I tried tilting my umbrella in every possible direction but it was of no use.



By the time I reached my apartment, I was half wet. I had already started cursing rains. It has no timing, no direction! And umbrella these days are of no use. What's the use of carrying them!!! 
By the mid of July, i had already started hating rainy season. And TV media was helping me to find out the reasons behind it. Trains are late! Water logging everywhere. Power-cuts in some parts of the city and what not...
But what about my Monsoon picnic? It got postponed because one of my friends was busy on last weekend. Probably next weekend.....

Sometimes rains give me a pleasant feeling too... Like on one lazy morning while holding a cup of coffee, rains bring out old memories like how we used to go to school on a rainy day. How we friends used to enjoy splashing dirty pond water on people walking on the road and run as fast as we can so that we don't get caught. How we followed paper boats till they sink in the water. Those long rides on cycles and scoldings from mummy after getting wet. 
It reminded me that it's been too long since we school friends met. And monsoon picnic has to be with them...

I live in a world where everyone(including me) is looking for happiness in materialistic stuff. Rather than going out in rains I post Facebook updates about rains. Instead of trying a cup of tea and vada paav on a rainy day I prefer aquaimagica and a burger with extra cheese. Instead of lush green fields, I love to stay inside four closed walls of the mall with centralized air conditioning system.
I have no time to breathe. I have set targets. I got to achieve them. I have to have fun. I have to go to parties. I have to make sure that fun I had is duly posted on Facebook. I am getting everything at the doorstep. My pizza delivery guy is my definition of happiness. I wear branded shoes, imported watch, and a plastic smile.



In our busy life things don't work out as we expect and we forget to live this very moment. We watch dreams with open eyes but let go these small packets of happiness. So it's OK to forget umbrella purposefully once in a while, It's OK to be carefree once in a while and it's OK to live your life once in a while....



Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.

_Anonymous 

Comments

Popular Posts